How can a loving Jesus send people to hell?
This episode’s featured beer
Crane Brewing Farmhouse IPA
Jesus is Holy!
And at the same time he wants a close relationship with us. How do we balance these two truths?
How do we relate to a holy God?
The Old Testament paints a...Read More »
Escaping the shame of performing for Jesus
I heard our pastor, Matt Purkey, mention that Jesus had to deliver him from being a full-time minister and a part-time follower of Jesus.
You may...Read More »
When Jesus Seems Miles Away
Jesus doesn’t often take us on the interstate highway when we travel with him.
What do you do when you feel as if Jesus let you down? You pray...Read More »
Beer with Jesus Podcast special guest – Joel Sharpton
Joel Sharpton is my guest this week. I met Joel at Podcast Movement and sensed he had an interesting story to tell. I wasn’t...Read More »
Are you afraid of Jesus or do you fear Jesus?
- Todd suggested that we spend some time talking about “the fear of the Lord” and God’s holiness.
- The cartoon about Jesus of the New...Read More »
Jesus said, “Judge not, lest you be judged. The same measure you use to judge others will be used on you.”
How well do you measure up as a Christian?
I was in Chicago a few weeks ago for Podcast Movement. Podcasters from...Read More »
Practice Listening to the Holy Spirit
- Laurie was a wife and mom for 21 years, raising four kids.
- She grew up in church and decided to follow Jesus at age 13.
- Her mom was a...Read More »
Beer with Jesus on location at Barley’s Brewhaus
Beer with Jesus on the Road at Saint’s Pub
- Aaron and I are on our own this week so we met at Saint’s Pub to have beer with Jesus this week.
- Our pre-show...Read More »
- Ask the average Christian what Jesus commanded us to do and you’ll get the following:
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Love God with all your heart, soul and strength.
- Patrick and Aaron say that...Read More »
- I’m flying solo this week. I’m headed to Podcast Movement in Chicago and I’m saving the episode with all of us for next week.
- It’s the first time recording in the new...Read More »
- There seems to be a celebration of being “broken” among Christians.
- Yes, we come to Jesus broken, but no one seems to have a problem with staying broken.
- God does use broken people.
- God uses...Read More »
- We’ve talked in past shows about hearing the voice of God.
- We’ve been using the general title of “God” more than Jesus.
- We also mentioned the Holy Spirit a few times.
- To clear up any...Read More »
Redacted Show Notes
This episode is a conversation with a man working in a country where persecution of Christians is increasing. He spoke freely in our conversation, but he requested that I keep his...Read More »
Home Brewing Episode
- Patrick shares a strange song to start the show.
- Todd explains the process for brewing beer.
- What did Jesus do between the time he died and his resurrection?
- Patrick’s priest said in a...Read More »
- Todd and Patrick are drinking nitro beers this episode.
- I learn that “nitro” beer is dispensed with nitrogen rather than Co2.
- Matthew 25 – Jesus parable about the sheep and the goats. — We serve...Read More »
Show Notes: Conversation with Schaun Colin
- We’re recording outside on Todd’s driveway. You may hear background noise.
- Last episode ended without a good resolution to the question of how beer-drinking Jesus-followers relate to others who think drinking beer is wrong.
- Do...Read More »
- Beers on tap for the show: A Raspberry Wheat beer brewed by Todd Hesskamp. Buffalo Sweat from the Tallgrass Brewery in Manhattan, KS, and Shocktop Twisted Pretzel.
- We start off talking about the fact that many Christians will be offended...Read More »
The unplanned episode
- I’d planned to move from the pre-episodes right into episode 1. But I think I need to explain a few things about the show so listeners can decide if we’re talking about something they want to hear about.
- This isn’t a...Read More »
Eric was going to church even before he was born. He was born into an evangelistic church, and he “asked Jesus into his heart” at age four. His parents were devoted Christians and made sure the family was in church, Sunday School and Bible studies.
Eric grew up with a desire to...Read More »
Todd Hesskamp grew up in church. He did all the expected Christian, church activities: confirmation, Youth Camp, and youth group. He was a typical “check the box” Christian. The church taught him how to act and what to do in order to fulfill his obligation to Jesus and the church.
After...Read More »
An unlikely transformation.
Aaron Ridenour didn’t grow up going to church. And in high school he became a committed atheist. He tells his story, in this episode, about how he came to be a follower of Jesus and be a part of the Beer with Jesus podcast.
What if I could have a beer with Jesus?
Patrick asked the question that started it all. In this pre-episode of the Beer with Jesus podcast we talk about how his question sparked the idea that became this podcast.