The unplanned episode
- I’d planned to move from the pre-episodes right into episode 1. But I think I need to explain a few things about the show so listeners can decide if we’re talking about something they want to hear about.
- This isn’t a beer podcast. Beer with Jesus isn’t about beer. It’s about connecting with Jesus.
- We aren’t turning WWJD into What Would Jesus Drink?
- That idea could make a good podcast, however. Ranking beer by whether it’s good enough to serve to Jesus.
- We focus on coming to Jesus without an agenda: no complaining, begging, petitioning allowed.
- iTunes only allows two designations: clean or explicit. If you’re not totally clean, you have to choose explicit.
- We will use language and cover topics you probably don’t hear at church.
- The Bible itself has plenty of explicit stories and images, at least as graphic as many books banned from schools.
- We’re not swearing like stand-up comedians. But we’re not using a religious language filter either. Occasionally you’ll hear words you don’t hear in church.
- We hope you join in our conversations via social media and our email group.
- On Twitter, use #BeerWJesus and we’ll try to respond. Or you can tag @Beer_with_Jesus in your tweet.
- Our voicemail feedback line is 913-213-3189.
- We want to hear from you whether you love our show or if you don’t love it.
- We won’t try to change to please everyone. But we will listen to what you have to say.
Thanks for listening.